Foods that feed your skin by Jessica Westnedge
We already know about superfoods that can help impove the health of our organs and prevent illness but did you know theres a whole lot of yummy foods that are good for you and fantastic for your skin?
There’s a growing amount of research showing that diet really does affect your complexion. What you eat can affect your hormone balance, cause acne, and create inflammation, which is associated with skin ageing. Here are some foods packed full of goodness;
- Tomatoes – The antioxidant lycopene (levels of which are higher in cooked, processed tomatoes) improves skin’s natural SPF. Be aware this doesn’t replace sun cream.
- Dark chocolate – The sweet treat is rich in cocoa flavanols, plant compounds with antioxidant properties, which help hydrate skin and improve circulation. Obviously consume in moderation!
- Sardines – High levels of omega-3 help reduce inflammation which can cause acne. (Salmon also contains high omega-3)
- Green Tea – The brew’s antioxidants boosts blood flow and oxygen to the skin, which delivers key nutrients to keep your complexion healthy.
- Rosemary – Herbs pack a ton of antioxidants into a tiny skin-protecting package, crushing free radicals from the sun before they can damage skin.